We are excited to be on our way to visit Spain! Mayte Vicens Dance Theater is planning for 15 people to tour with us from March 17 to 26, 2017. Our travels will include visiting Mayte’s hometown of Valencia during the week of Las Fallas (“The Fires” Festival), several historic towns along the route of Don Quixote, Toledo and Madrid.
We’ve scheduled a variety of adventures from visiting World Heritage Sites, Medieval Castles, wine tasting at local vineyards, afternoon dance classes and evening tango milongas, savoring tapas and other local cuisine and enjoying the magnificent art in The Prado Museum.
Highlights & special activties will include:
Leaving for Valencia - Friday March 17th
VALENCIA (March 18,19,20,21)
- Las Fallas is a spectacular and high-spirited festival that commemorates Saint Joseph and celebrates the arrival of Spring. It is a week full of parades, music, dancing, satire, great food, and a lot of fireworks.
- A tour inside a local community to see how the Fallas are made. The Fallas are giant sculptures that are made of wood, paper-mache and cardboard. Each neighborhood spends many months each year building the sculptures and during the festival there is about 600 on display throughout the city.
- Ofrenda de flores- A beautiful event of dancing in traditional costumes and flower offerings to the Virgin Mary.
- Special dinner days (Paella & Fideua)
- La Crema - On the final night of the festival all of the Falles & Ninot (sculptures) are burned in one huge bonfire.
- A guided tour of the Valencia CathedralMuseum of Fine Arts of Valencia (2,000 works, most dating from the 14th to 17th century)
- A night of live music & drinks
- Dance theme nights - Tablao flamenco, Tango, Salsa and disco!
- Afternoon dance classes
- Fallas Museum (Each year one of hundreds of fallas is spared from the flames. This museum is a collection of the most popular fallas since 1934)
RUTA DE DON QUIXOTE (March 22)
- Go back in time to the Spanish Golden Age! We will travel through part of the circular Route of Don Quixote.
- See medieval castles, stunning views of the natural landscape, giant windmills and historic villages.
- Wine tasting at local vineyards
TOLEDO (March 22)
- A day trip to Toledo - A World Heritage Site and city that was founded in 500 BC
- A unique city that is a combination of styles and cultures from the Moors, Christians and Jews that lived here over the centuries.
- The Museum and former home of El Greco
MADRID (March 23,24,25)
- Savor the tapas dishes and other local cuisine,
- Dance at tango milongas and other nightlife.
- Explore the historic barrios
- Stroll through Retiro Park
- Flamenco shows
- If you enjoy art - The Prado Musuem has one of the largest collections in Europe.
More details about flexible package pricing for activities are coming soon.
If you're interested in joining this fun trip, please contact us via facebook or email today. Don't hesitate. Contact us immediately since space is limited. Reservations have already been made for some of your friends.